This Notice applies to the websites at www.cctechnology.com and related services (“CC Technology”).
CC Technology is operated by CC Technology Limited with registered office at 285 Bath Street, Glasgow, United Kingdom, G2 4JL (“CCT” or “we”). This Notice explains what personal data we collect, how we may use and manage it and the rights you may have in relation to such personal data. When we refer to “personal data” in this Notice, we mean information relating to an identified or identifiable individual that we collect and use in connection with CC Technology; not aggregate or other anonymised data, or information we process on behalf of our customers.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- How do we collect and use personal data?
- The legal basis for our use of your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- Retention of your personal data
- International transfers
- Your rights
- Third party sites
- Contact details
- Changes to this Notice
How do we collect and use personal data?
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- information you provide to us online. For example, when you get in touch by completing a form on our website, we collect the personal data you provide, like your name, email address and other basic contact details. We will use this information to fulfil the request you’ve made. More occasional examples could include where you respond to a survey or register for an event.
- information you provide to us in person. For example, when you visit one of our exhibition booths or attend one of our events, you may provide us with your contact details. We will use this information to answer your enquiries or provide other information requested by you.
- information we collect from our other interactions / business dealings. For example, if you attend a webinar, contact us via social media or otherwise interact with our business, including as a representative of a current / prospective customer, supplier or partner, we will make a record of those dealings, which may contain personal data. If you visit one of our offices, this may be captured on CCTV and used by us for security reasons.
In all the above cases, where we have a relationship with you, we may also use the personal data we collect to manage and keep a record of that relationship and other business administration purposes you’d reasonably expect and, subject always to your preferences, to provide information we think may be of interest to you.
In many of the above cases, we may also use the information collected to create aggregate or other non-personal data to enable us to benchmark and improve CC Technology and for other analytical / research purposes.
The legal basis for our use of your personal data
In order to comply with European data privacy laws, we are required to set out the legal bases for our use of your personal data, which are as follows:
- where you have given us your explicit consent, which you can withdraw at any time. For example, we rely on your consent to fulfil specific requests you’ve made or provide information you’ve opted-in to receive;
- where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations; or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, provided these are not overridden by your individual rights. For example, we rely on our legitimate interests to collect personal data from research-related content, such as journal articles, patent records or grant information, and to make that information available to our customers. We also rely on our legitimate interests to contact you when you’ve not previously given us your consent to do so, to use CCTV on our premises for security reasons and to create aggregated or other non-personal data from your personal data
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data within the Digital Science group, of which CCT is part, on a confidential basis for our internal administrative, billing and other business purposes. We do not generally disclose or share personal data with third parties, except where it’s necessary for legitimate business reasons, such as:
- to the agents, advisers and service providers that assist us in running and that we use to administer our business;
- to the subcontractors and service providers we use to provide and support CC Technology;
- if part of our business is sold to or integrated with another business, to our advisers and any prospective purchasers (and their advisers);
- if required to enable the integration or use of third party resources accessed / used on CC Technology;
- in such circumstances for which you have given your consent;
- if and to the extent necessary for the performance of the contract we have with you or in order to enforce any claims we are entitled to;
- if we are required by law or ordered by a court to disclose such information.
We include appropriate confidentiality and security obligations in our contracts with our service providers and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions (not for their own purposes).
We take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss and unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure.
Retention of your personal data
In order to run our business and provide CC Technology, we may transfer personal data from the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA), including to our affiliates and service providers, some of whom are located outside of these jurisdictions. Whenever we make such transfers, we will ensure an appropriate level of protection is afforded to your personal data by implementing at least one of the following safeguards:
- making sure the destination country has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data;
- by using model form contracts that have been officially declared to afford your personal data an appropriate protection;
- in the case of transfers to the United States, checking the recipient is part of the “Privacy Shield”.
Please email us at DPO@cctechnology.com if you would like more information about these safeguards.
Depending on your preferences, we may send you marketing communications we think might be of interest to you. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your interests (e.g. previous browsing activity) and any other information we may hold.
European data privacy laws give rights to individuals in respect of personal data that organisations hold about them, for example:
- to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about them;
- to object to the processing of their personal data; or
- to request that their personal data is rectified or deleted, or its processing limited.
To make any requests regarding your personal data, please email us at DPO@cctechnology.com. We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we’re not able to comply with your request.
Third party sites
If any part of CC Technology is made available on or through third party websites or other resources, includes links to such resources, or other resources contain links to any part of CC Technology, this is done for convenience only. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of such resources as they are not subject to this Notice.
If you would like any further information, or have any questions or concerns, regarding your personal data, as a first step, please email us at DPO@cctechnology.com or write to us at CC Technology Ltd, Berkeley House, 285 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JL, UK
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns in the first instance.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to modify or replace this Notice at any time by posting the revised Notice on our website. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such change each time you access any part of CC Technology.
This notice was last updated on 25 November 2019.