We are looking for a Senior .Net Developer to join our agile Development Team to support the development of our world leading grant management platform.
CC Technology combines technology and domain expertise to help grant-making organisations achieve their missions. We work with more than 50 clients worldwide who support activities such as medical / scientific research, poverty, social injustice, the arts, education, environment and many more.
Our product, the CC Grant Tracker is a web-based grants management information solution which supports the key stages in the life of a grant from an initial call for proposals through to the monitoring and evaluation of awards during and post-implementation.
CC Technology is part of Digital Science, a portfolio of innovative companies serving the needs of scientific and research communities at key points along the full cycle of research.
About the Role
As a key part of our agile development team, no day is the same; you will be working with different teams to meet sprint goals. You will be exposed to the full software lifecycle and asked to contribute at all relevant stages.
- Day to day development, reporting and migration
- Supporting client implementation, to manage ongoing project deliveries
- Contributing to solution architecture and detailed technical decisions which underpin the fundamentals of the application.
- Product development and ensuring that our grant tracker is at the cutting edge of grants management information systems.
- Our team is collaborative and supportive and you will be expected to mentor colleagues and lead scrums to help deliver process improvement and develop coding standards.
Degree in computing science/software engineering or related knowledge or experience with:
- Object orientated programming and at least 1 related language;
- Both web client side and server-side development;
- Web mark-up, including HTML, CSS
- Version control systems e.g. Subversion, Git, Gitlab/Github
- Software debugging
- Software development life cycle methodologies
- Database querying and design
- Visual Studio
- AJAX/REST Web Services
Desirable (but not essential) skills include:
- Jquery, VUE, Angular or React
- NHibernate, Entity Framework or other high level ORMs
- Agile experience
- (TDD/BDD) experience
- Containerisation i.e. docker
- You are passionate, enthusiastic and possess incredible programming skills
- You live and breathe technology and digital and can anticipate the ‘next big thing’ and apply it to our strategies when relevant
- An exceptional eye for detail when it comes to writing clean code
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to work collaboratively with different teams and other stakeholders within the business.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to expand your knowledge
What we can offer you
- An environment that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- Flexible working arrangements where appropriate
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 25 days annual leave
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org